I want to use the scanf function to get inputs that are either two numbers, or one number from the user and put them in an array. However, I'm not sure how I can use this same function to get inputs for both one element of the array, and also two elements of the array.
i.e. if the user enters, 9 0, it should be able to successfully store that in an array and move onto new code, or if the user enters something like 1, it should also be able to successfully store that in the array, and move onto new code.
I've tried putting the scanf into a while loop:
int scanned_array[2] = {};
int element = 0;
while(scanf("%d", &scanned_array[element]) {
//... more code here which will have different functions depending on the input...
element++;
}
How can I successfully do this while only using the scanf function, while loops, arrays and if statements?
**Edit: Just wondering, if I changed my code according to what was suggested below by @nmgari, how could I go to if(num == 1) { ... without having to press ctrl+d?
Thanks for reading!