I have two data frames, df1 and df2. Now, df1 contains 6 records and df2 contains 4 records. I want to get the unmatched records out of it. I tried it but getting an error ValueError: Can only compare identically-labelled DataFrame objects I guess this is due to the length of df as the df1 has 6 and df2 has 4 but how do I compare them both and get the unmatched rows?
code
df1=
a b c
0 1 2 3
1 4 5 6
2 3 5 5
3 5 6 7
4 6 7 8
5 6 6 6
df2 =
a b c
0 3 5 5
1 5 6 7
2 6 7 8
3 6 6 6
index = (df != df2).any(axis=1)
df3 = df.loc[index]
which gives:
ValueError: Can only compare identically-labelled DataFrame objects
Expected output:
a b c
0 1 2 3
1 4 5 6
I know that the error is due to the length but is there any way where we can compare two data frames and get the unmatched records out of it?