Where is the main class of Kafka located?

Viewed 99

I want to set up Kafka source code with IntelliJ IDEA and I am able to successfully build the project but the Run configurations are incorrect.

I have loaded and successfully build the Gradle project in IDEA. I looked around and found a blog post that configures this but some of the run configurations he stated are just not possible. For eg, there is no class kafka.Kafka and the -cp flag is not core_main as stated in the module.

My setup is as following: enter image description here

How do I setup the run configurations so that I can execute and debug Kafka's source code?

1 Answers

The kafka.Kafka is here. It is a scala class.

Install Scala plugin. Press double shift shortcut and go to Kafka.scala file. Click on the green triangle next to the main method. This will create a run configuration. You can then edit it to add any custom stuff.

enter image description here

Related