I have created a Java Web application with Elastic Beanstalk using AWS CodeStar. The application works, no problem there. But the EC2 instance the Elastic Beanstalk provisioned is running Amazon Linux 1. I need to have Amazon Linux 2, because some of the things I want to install there run only on Amazon Linux 2. The AMI used for the instance is aws-elasticbeanstalk-amzn-2018.03.0.x86_64-tomcat8.5java8-hvm-202102251130.
When you are creating a project via CodeStar, you can only select instance type (I selected t3.micro for start). There is no way to select operating system. You also cannot specify OS in the EC2 console or Elastic Beanstalk console. Solution might be to select a different AMI in the Auto-scaling group, but I am not sure if the template provided by CodeStar will work on AL2, since it was built for AL1.
So my question is:
- Is there an easy way to get a AL2 instance for a CodeStar project?
- If the only solution is to specify AMI, which one should it be and how to make sure my project will work there?