I have an array of months which I am using to display months using a horizontal FlatList. I want the months to change using 2 buttons that are forward button to change the month in increasing order i.e from January to February and so on and a back button to change the month backwards i.e from January to December.
How can I make the buttons do so. Below monthName is an array that contains all the month names.
<ScrollView style={{flexGrow: 1}}>
<View style={{flex: 1, backgroundColor: '#fff', height: hp('130')}}>
<View
style={{
justifyContent: 'space-evenly',
width: wp('48'),
}}>
<FlatList
data={monthName}
pagingEnabled={true}
showsHorizontalScrollIndicator={false}
renderItem={(month, index) => (
<View>
<Months
showMonth={month.item}
id={month.id}
refer={flatRef}
/>
</View>
)}
keyExtractor={(item, index) => item.id.toString()}
horizontal
// snapToInterval={Dimensions.get('window').width}
snapToAlignment={'center'}
ref={(node) => (flatRef = node)}
/>
</View>
<View
style={{
justifyContent: 'space-evenly',
width: wp('12'),
}}>
{/* {} */}
<IonIcons.Button --> the button that makes the month increment.
name="arrow-forward"
size={25}
backgroundColor="white"
color="black"
// onPress={() => console.log('pressed')}
onPress={() => {
flatRef.scrollToIndex({index: ?});
}}
/>
</View>
</View>
</ScrollView>