I'm pretty new to CDN. I found a good free service that matches my needs in developing Wordpress (and also has a plugin for it). I already tried it on a remote project and it works.
Now, I usually develop websites in a local environment (http://my-project.test:9000) then I push to production on final domain (https://my-project.com).
Well, I don't understand how to work in a local environment with a CDN. For instance, I tried configuring the plugin in local but it says needs https (never had to need to install an ssl certificate in local development). A CDN always needs HTTPS?
Also, in my head I should be able to use the same CDN key for 2 domain (for example the 2 above: one for local and one for production) so the static assets are "shared" for the 2 Wordpress installations.
So in general I'm really confused: how developing in local environment when you use a CDN?