In an Xcode playground with the following Swift code, I get the commented output. Given a MST TimeZone object and a date that would be in the MDT TimeZone for this MST TimeZone, I do not receive the expected MDT TimeZone abbreviation output. What am I not understanding about this function, and how do I get the desired output of figuring out which of the two possible timezones a given date is in given the current example MST timezone?
// Daylight saving time (MDT) 2021 in Colorado began at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 14
let mstDate = Date(timeIntervalSinceReferenceDate: 636327068) // "Mar 1, 2021 at 2:31 PM"
let mdtDate = Date(timeIntervalSinceReferenceDate: 637709468) // "Mar 17, 2021 at 3:31 PM"
let mstTimeZone = TimeZone(abbreviation: "MST")!
let mdtTimeZone = TimeZone(abbreviation: "MDT")!
mstTimeZone.abbreviation(for: mstDate) // expected MST, got MST
mstTimeZone.abbreviation(for: mdtDate) // expected MDT, got *****MST*****?
mdtTimeZone.abbreviation(for: mstDate) // expected MST, got MST
mdtTimeZone.abbreviation(for: mdtDate) // expected MDT, got MDT