What I want to do is to create a direct link URL to a mp3 file which is located on my Google Drive and use it on Audio object of HTML5, but I get 403 error.
I know that when one tries to create a link of a file located on Google Drive, it creates not a direct URL to the file but a URL for viewing the file through a viewer such as
https://drive.google.com/file/d/<file ID>/view?usp=sharing
I googled to find it is possible to rewrite it into a direct link URL like this:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=<file ID>
I set this URL in the src property of my audio element. However, when I try play() method, the following error is thrown:
GET https://drive.google.com/uc?id=<file ID> 403
myProject.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to load because no supported source was found.
So I tried to access to the URL https://drive.google.com/uc?id=<file ID> from my browser.
Then, I got this:
403. That’s an error.
We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know.
I tried many times so it is not likely that I'm mis-pasting the <file ID>.
What should I do to create a valid direct link URL of the file? I would appreciate for any information.
Progress
I got what was wrong. The problem was that a file on Google Drive can be accessed only from the user who is authorized, which means only the owner of the Google account can access the file URL.
I tried to access it from Chrome Browser which is associated with the Google account, then, the error didn't occur.
However, I want to serve this file to all the people. What should I do to give permission for access to other people?