I'm trying to get two animations to show at the same time. The application builds successfully but crashes in the emulator.
I have created an Anim class in a thread that handles the Animations in a while loop. I think there is a problem with my draw method but I cant seem to figure it out.
I appreciate any help on this, thank you
Error Log
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.example.myproject/com.example.myproject.MainActivity}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot add a null child view to a ViewGroup
and
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=2; index=2
at com.example.my_project.PlayActivity$surfaceView$Anim.run(PlayActivity.java:109)
CODE
public class PlayActivity extends AppCompatActivity {
surfaceView view;
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
view = new surfaceView(this);
setContentView(view);
public class surfaceView extends SurfaceView {
public surfaceView(Context context) {
super(context);
new Anim().start();
}
private class Anim extends Thread {
int counter = 0;
int counter2 = 0;
@Override
public void run() {
long last_updated_time = 0;
long delay = 250;
int[] purple_bird = {
R.drawable.bird1,
R.drawable.bird2
};
int[] red_bird = {
R.drawable.red1,
R.drawable.red2,
R.drawable.red3,
R.drawable.red4
};
while (true) {
boolean playing = true;
if (playing) {
long current_time = System.currentTimeMillis();
if (current_time > last_updated_time + delay) {
if ((counter >= 2) && (counter2 >= 4)) {
counter = 0;
counter2 = 0;
}
draw(purple_bird[counter], red_bird[counter2]);
last_updated_time = current_time;
counter++;
counter2++;
}
}
}
}
private void draw(int red_bird, int purple_bird) {
SurfaceHolder holder = getHolder();
Canvas canvas = holder.lockCanvas();
if (canvas != null) {
canvas.drawColor(Color.WHITE);
Paint paint = new Paint();
Bitmap purpleBird = BitmapFactory.decodeResource(getContext().getResources(), purple_bird);
Bitmap redBird = BitmapFactory.decodeResource(getContext().getResources(), red_bird);
Bitmap resizedRedBird = Bitmap.createScaledBitmap(redBird, (int) (redBird.getWidth() * 0.4), (int) (redBird.getHeight() * 0.4), true);
Bitmap resizedPurpleBird = Bitmap.createScaledBitmap(purpleBird, (int) (purpleBird.getWidth() * 0.2), (int) (purpleBird.getHeight() * 0.2), true);
canvas.drawBitmap(resizedRedBird, 500, 500, paint);
canvas.drawBitmap(resizedPurpleBird, 100, 100, paint);
holder.unlockCanvasAndPost(canvas);
}
}
}
}
}