Cannot apply AppBar titleTextStyle on the title Text Widget

Viewed 6281

I can't change my AppBar title text color using AppBar titleTextStyle. I know I can set the AppBar title style in some ways like using style in textWidget or set the textTheme in AppBar, but I just wanna know why it cannot be changed by setting titleTextStyle.

The code is below. AppBar title is still white though setting the titleTextStyle and the foregroundColor.

class MyStatelessWidget extends StatelessWidget {
  const MyStatelessWidget({Key? key}) : super(key: key);

  @override
  Widget build(BuildContext context) {
    return Scaffold(
      appBar: AppBar(
        foregroundColor: Colors.black,
        titleTextStyle: TextStyle(color: Colors.black),
        title: const Text('AppBar Color'),),
      body: const Center(
        child: Text('sample'),
      ),
    );
  }
}
4 Answers

i know this question is for 1 month ago, but answer to this question is :

using backwardsCompatibility: false, for AppBarTheme

appBarTheme: AppBarTheme(
  backwardsCompatibility: false,
  titleTextStyle: TextStyle(
    color: Colors.red,
  ),
),

or antother way :

appBarTheme: AppBarTheme(
  textTheme: TextTheme(
    headline6: TextStyle(
      color: Colors.red,
    )
  )
),

I think you need to remove const for the title

@override
  Widget build(BuildContext context) {
    return Scaffold(
      appBar: AppBar(
        foregroundColor: Colors.black,
        titleTextStyle: TextStyle(color: Colors.black),
        title: Text('AppBar Color'),
      ),
      body: const Center(
        child: Text('sample'),
      ),
    );
  }

If you only want to change the AppBar title Text color, then this might help you:

appBar: AppBar(
        title: Text(
          'To Do List',
          style: TextStyle(color: Colors.black),
        ),
      ),

enter image description here

You can add this style to the AppBarTheme

 appBarTheme: AppBarTheme(
backgroundColor: Colors.yellow,
titleTextStyle: TextStyle(color: Colors.black,fontSize: 20),
backwardsCompatibility: false,)
Related