How to run an MSIX installed application from the command line

Viewed 1195

I have an application packaged and signed as an MSIX, it installs and runs from the start menu. I'd like to be able to run the application from the command line too, for automated testing, but I can't see a way to do it. From powershell the docs suggest Invoke-CommandInsideDesktopPackage, but that requires developer mode which I'd rather not enable on test machines, and also is not the same as just running the app. What I'd love is a simple command line command that starts the app in the same way that the start menu does it.

1 Answers

By design, the binaries from an installation folder of an MSIX folder are not directly accessible through their direct path.

The correct way to run an app from the command line from an MSIX package is with the use of an execution alias. The following article contains more details about how an execution alias works and how you can define it in your package, no matter the tool you use to build the MSIX package.

- App Execution Alias

Also, here is a related question on SO.

Related