I have downloaded some weather data (wind, wave, etc.) for 40 years duration and stored these data files which comes in a NetCDF format in Azure File shares. I have about 8 TB of total data stored. Each weather parameter, say wind speed for one year for the whole earth surface is saved in one single file which is about 35GB.
Next, I have developed a simple Azure website using Python and Dash package, where the user can define a location (Latitude, Longitude), select a weather parameter, date range and submit the request. See website picture below:
Now, I would like to be able to run a script once the user clicks the submit button to extract the specified data, save in a csv file, and give a download link to the file.
The Azure Storage File Share client library for Python (azure-storage-file-share) allows connecting to the file and download the file. Since one year of data file is 35GB, downloading each year of data and extracting a single grid point is not an option.
Is there anyway I can run scripts directly on Azure File shares to extract the required data, and then retrieve it from the webpage?
I am trying to avoid the situation where I need to extract data from NetCDF files and push it into a SQL database, which a website can access easily.
