I'm building a new project and I'm trying to use TDD as my default methodology and trying to apply it with integration test.
The thing is easy I want to retrieve all the users from my DB.
//controller.js
const UserService = require('../services/user');
module.exports = {
// corresponds to /users
getAllUsers: async (req, res, next) => {
const users = await UserService.fetchAllUsers();
res.send(users);
},
};
const models = require('../database/models/index'); // I tried also with destructuring
module.exports = {
fetchAllUsers: async () => models.user.findAll(),
};
and my actual test file looks like
const request = require('supertest');
const SequelizeMock = require('sequelize-mock');
const app = require('..');
const dbMock = new SequelizeMock();
const models = require('../src/database/models/index');
jest.mock('../src/database/models/index', () => ({
user: jest.fn(),
}));
models.user.mockImplementation(() => {
const UserMock = dbMock.define('user', {});
UserMock.$queueResult(UserMock.build({
username: 'username',
mail: 'myMail@myMail.com',
}));
return UserMock;
});
describe('Demo test', () => {
it('should respond to users route', (done) => {
request(app)
.get('/users')
.end((err, res) => {
expect(err).toBeNull();
expect(res.status).toBe(200);
expect(res.json).toBe('object');
done();
});
});
});
All of this is actually working but when I'm trying to mock the user I TypeError: models.user.findAll is not a function
I need to replace the model.user with the UserMock's value.
Is there anyway to do this? or I should just mock findAll like
jest.mock('../src/database/models/index', () => ({
user: () => ({ findAll: jest.fn() }),
}));
``