I have looked at a few posts on here about pdfkit and embedding fonts but most seem to use the node version or ruby / something that looks vastly different than what I am doing.
I have everything but the fonts working as expected. However when I enable a custom font no text appears. I see placeholders and bullet points for lists but other than that, nothing.
<html>
<head>
<script src="https://github.com/foliojs/pdfkit/releases/download/v0.11.0/pdfkit.standalone.js"></script>
<script src="https://github.com/devongovett/blob-stream/releases/download/v0.1.3/blob-stream.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
//getting the arraybuffer of the font I need
var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest;
xhr.onload = function() {
console.log("Font IS 1",xhr.response)
};
xhr.responseType = 'arraybuffer';
xhr.open('GET', 'https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/cormorantgaramond/v9/co3bmX5slCNuHLi8bLeY9MK7whWMhyjYqXtK.woff2', true);
xhr.send();
//wix method that starts when a UI element is called. In this case a "download" button
window.onmessage = (event) => {
if (event.data) {
// create a document and pipe to a blob
var doc = new PDFDocument();
var stream = doc.pipe(blobStream());
doc.font(xhr.response)
//The standard way of setting a font for embedded
//doc.font('Helvetica')
doc.fontSize(20)
doc.text('Стартовая Страница',200,120)
doc.text('Test',200,220)
doc.list(['Стартовая Страница'],50,50)
doc.list(['TestList'],50,400)
// end and display the document in the iframe to the right
doc.end();
stream.on('finish', function() {
const blob = stream.toBlob('application/pdf')
const a = document.createElement('a');
a.href = window.URL.createObjectURL(blob);
a.download = "ShoppingList";
a.style.position = 'fixed';
a.target = '_blank';
document.body.appendChild(a);
a.click();
document.body.removeChild(a);
});
});
};
</script>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>
I have tried several different methods but most help seems to be suggesting CSS which I don't see how I can use here. Unfortunately I am unable to upload a font to my own filesystem to use as the site where I am building it blocks upload of fonts for some reason. This is why I went with the google fonts as I didn't run into CORS issues.
I directly linked to the woff2 file as getting an arraybuffer using any of the other methods google recommends doesn't seem to work. As a note I will be using both Latin and Cyrillic characters so this might be an issue since they are separate character sets it appears
Here is where I was getting the links from https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Cormorant+Garamond&display=swap
Also when I try opening the pdf I get this error Cannot extract the embedded font 'BZZZZZ+CormorantGaramond-Regular'. Some characters may not display or print correctly
When I look at the registered fonts in the pdf it appears to show how it shows for other fonts

Is there some other way I should be trying to register this font to the document?