When running my gitlab ci I need to check whether a specified svn directory exists.
I was using the script:
variables:
DIR_CHECK: "default"
stages:
- setup
- test
- otherDebugJob
.csharp:
only:
changes:
- "**/*.cs"
- "**/*.js"
setup:
script:
- $DIR_CHECK = $(svn ls https://server.fsl.local:port/svn/myco/personal/TestNotReal --depth empty)
- echo $DIR_CHECK
test:
script:
- echo "DIR_CHECK is blank"
- echo $DIR_CHECK
rules:
- if: $DIR_CHECK == ''
otherDebugJob:
script:
- echo "DIR_CHECK is not blank"
- echo $DIR_CHECK
rules:
- if: $DIR_CHECK != ''
the svn command works and echos back the correct reply but $DIR_CHECK does not get set to anything but the original default. It does not store the returned string from the svn command.
How do I store the returned string from an exe in a variable in gitlab ci?
Test run:
Executing "step_script" stage of the job script 00:00 $ $DIR_CHECK = $(svn ls https://server.fsl.local:port/svn/myco/personal/TestNotReal --depth empty) svn: E170000: Illegal repository URL https://server.fsl.local:port/svn/myco/personal/TestNotReal' $ echo $DIR_CHECK Cleaning up file based variables 00:01 Job succeeded