I have setup a kubernetes cluster on AWS using kops.
I am trying to automate deployment with github actions.
name: Build and Deploy
on:
push:
branches:
- develop
jobs:
build_docker_image:
- uses: actions/checkout@v2
- name: Build the tagged Docker image
run: docker build --target dev -t org/customer-service-backend:la
push_docker_image_to_github-packages:
- uses: docker/build-push-action@v2
with:
username: ${{ github.actor }}
password: ${{ secrets.GITHUB_TOKEN }}
registry: docker.pkg.github.com
repository: org/customer-service-backend:latest
tag_with_ref: true
deploy_to_kubernetes_cluster:
... what to do here?
I am able to built the image and push to gihub packages.
I have created deployment.yml in the root directory of the repository.
How can I deploy to kubernetes cluster?
Also, I am tagging the images with latest. Is it fine or I need to use GITHUB_REF for tagging?
Update
I am able to configure all the things. I only need to get kubeconfig to authenticate to existing cluster.
name: Build and Deploy
on:
push:
branches:
- develop
jobs:
build_docker_image:
- uses: actions/checkout@v2
- name: Build the tagged Docker image
run: docker build --target dev -t org/customer-service-backend:${{ github.sha }}
push_docker_image_to_github_packages:
needs: build_docker_image
- uses: docker/build-push-action@v2
with:
username: ${{ github.actor }}
password: ${{ secrets.GITHUB_TOKEN }}
registry: docker.pkg.github.com
repository: org/customer-service-backend:${{ github.sha }}
tag_with_ref: true
deploy_to_kubernetes_cluster:
needs: push_docker_image_to_github_packages
name: Set Kubernetes Context
uses: azure/k8s-set-context@v1
with:
method: kubeconfig
kubeconfig: ${{ secrets.KUBE_CONFIG }} # Use secret (https://developer.github.com/actions/managing-workflows/storing-secrets/)
run: |
sed -i'' -e 's/IMAGE_LABEL/${{ github.sha }}/g' deployment.yml
kubectl apply -f deployment.yml