I have an parent class and two child like these:
public class Parent {
public Guid Id { get; set; }
public string Name { get; set; }
}
public class FirstChild {
public string IdentityCode { get; set; }
}
public class OtherChild {
public string RegistrationCode { get; set; }
}
There is a question: Is it a good approach to store these two inherited classes in the same Index inside ElasticSearch? I see there is a _type property that is added to my docs after they are stored in DB but it has always "doc" value. I test this code to fill it but it seems it is not working this way.
await ElasticClient.IndexAsync<FirstChild>(child, m => m.Index(IndexName));
And Also, I found this question on SO for retrieving my entries from DB but it is outdated and the API is changed and no more accessible.
I want to know if it is a good approach to store sibling data in the same index how can I do this properly.