I am new to mqtt and am trying to simply start a local instance with which I can test.
When executing
docker run -it -p 1883:1883 --restart always -v mosquitto.conf:/home/juliette/mosquito.conf --name mqtt eclipse-mosquitto:2.0.7
I get the following output:
1615963221: mosquitto version 2.0.7 starting
1615963221: Config loaded from /mosquitto/config/mosquitto.conf.
1615963221: Starting in local only mode. Connections will only be possible from clients running on this machine.
1615963221: Create a configuration file which defines a listener to allow remote access.
1615963221: Opening ipv4 listen socket on port 1883.
1615963221: Opening ipv6 listen socket on port 1883.
1615963221: Error: Address not available
1615963221: mosquitto version 2.0.7 running
and cannot connect with a mqtt-client:
mqtt sub --topic test
Server closed connection without DISCONNECT.
From what I've found the error apparently happens when no listener is configured but I did configure one, this is my mosquito.conf:
listener 1883
allow_anonymous true
persistence true
persistence_location /mosquitto/data/
log_dest file /mosquitto/log/mosquitto.log
port 1883
I also tried changing the port to 8883 because in one post someone mentioned that a larger port might solve the problem but that also didn't work.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?