How to load a docker image using tar.gz file in google compute engine?

Viewed 1812

I am trying to run the following command on google compute engine instance the tar.gz file is large 24GB, and I am using 8 cores 32GB CE with 100GB storage. Whenever i run the following command my prompt get's stuck(It gives no output/no standard output which is very annoying) and i have no ways to know what's happening with command. I did run the same command on my localhost and successfully spin up the container. I am not sure how long to wait as there is no feedback in std out.

docker load -i cnt7-jarvis-cdh63.tar.gz
1 Answers

Try using screen to run this process in background:

screen
docker load -i cnt7-jarvis-cdh63.tar.gz

Then detach (do not press Enter after these keys):

Ctrl+A
d

And check resource usage:

top

After process has completed you can go back to that screen:

screen -ls
screen -r <NUMBER>
Related