MongoDB PrivateLink not working: Connection timed out

Viewed 755

So, I'm trying to set up a MongoDB PrivateLink to my AWS EKS but it seems like my pod is not managing to connect.

I followed this guide https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/apn/connecting-applications-securely-to-a-mongodb-atlas-data-plane-with-aws-privatelink/

and set up the following materials:

  • Created a new VPC with 3 availability zones
  • Created EKS and attached it to the VPC (the EKS has Private + Public networking enabled)
  • I used the private subnets for composing the VPC under the MongoDB privateLink and used the VPC name of my newly created VPC
  • Afterwards i ran the command that mongodb shows and waited for it to create.
  • It shows "Available" under "Endpoint Status" and "Ready for connection requests" under endpoint service status
  • I use my correct username/password and the mongo URI is correct (I whitelisted my computer and tested and it worked)

I'm rather new to the AWS - PrivateLink setup and don't seem to get it working. Should i perhaps use the public subnet ids? What could be the issue?

0 Answers
Related