Creating a Wrapper .exe for launching Kite with Intel SDE for use in Sublime Text

Viewed 98

I have an old CPU (Intel Pentium G3450 @ 3.4Ghz) and 6GB of DDR3 RAM.

I wanted to run Kite Autocomplete In Sublime Text but the installer said my PC Needs to support AVX.

Then I Found Out about "Intel SDE", It is an emulation layer which can run AVX apps on non AVX CPU !

So I Managed to Install Kite using Intel SDE with this command :- (NOTE : I have added SDE to path for easy usage)

sde -- "C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\KiteSetup.exe"

Although I got an error saying "Kite installation Timeout : Try Turning off Antivirus. Splash screen will close now", But I think It Installed Already. It is showing up in Control Panel and I can Also see 1GB of Files in Kite Folder in Program Files.

So Now comes the problem, How do I make Sublime Text Launch Kite using Intel SDE ? Maybe some C++ Wrapper ?

HERE ARE THE THINGS I TRIED :-

  1. I tried editing the kite sublime package file but couldn't decode the format.
  2. I renamed original kited.exe to kited1.exe. Then I created a batch file with launch command and then packaged it to an exe with Bat-to-Exe tool and saved as kited.exe in Kite Folder. It Did launched kite successfully but kite doesn't seem to be Connected to Sublime Text (Note : I have already installed the plugin from package Control). It just Launches and then Terminates after some time.

Edit : - Content of batch file is sde -- "C:\Program Files\Kite\kited1.exe"

0 Answers
Related