How to auth VPN with Azure AD MFA using TOTP?

Viewed 565

I want to auth VPN with Azure AD MFA. I have followed the instructions in the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-nps-extension-vpn

It works by push notify to the Microsoft authenticator app.

However, I want to auth by entering TOTP at the login window on windows instead of using push notify.

So,I changed default method from "Microsoft Authenticator - notification" to "Authenticator app or hardware token", but it didn't work.

enter image description here

Setting Adapter

Setting Adapter

Setting Routing and Remote Access

enter image description here

Setting Policies

enter image description here

Wrong settings or windows do not support TOTP windows?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Answers

No, it will not work, the NPS can only send the trigger to Azure MFA and cannot send your OTP code to be verified. so Push, Call and SMS will work, but not OTP. You should have a third party solution, for example TOTPRadius.

Related