I am implementing a kind of alarm system with OpenCV. I need to track a person inside a "safe area", and detect and notify is he's going out of bounds.
I have implemented the motion tracking. Now I need to define a ROI (safe zone rectangle on the floor; the camera is on the ceiling) and detect the intersection between it and the person's bounding rectangle.
Something similar to this.
I have the following:
while True:
# Grab frame from webcam
ret, color_frame = vid.read()
# resize the frame, convert it to grayscale, and blur it
color_frame = imutils.resize(color_frame, width=500)
gray = cv2.cvtColor(color_frame, cv2.COLOR_BGR2GRAY)
gray = cv2.GaussianBlur(gray, (21, 21), 0)
# MOTION TRACKING #
# Defining safe zone area on the floor.
roi = cv2.rectangle(color_frame, (50, 50), (500, 500), (0, 0, 0), 2)
# First frame to compare motion
if firstFrame is None:
firstFrame = gray
continue
# Absolute difference to detect changes.
frameDelta = cv2.absdiff(firstFrame, gray)
thresh = cv2.threshold(frameDelta, 25, 255, cv2.THRESH_BINARY)[1]
# Finding contours
thresh = cv2.dilate(thresh, None, iterations=2)
contours = cv2.findContours(thresh.copy(), cv2.RETR_EXTERNAL, cv2.CHAIN_APPROX_SIMPLE)
contours = imutils.grab_contours(contours)
# Filtering contours
for c in contours:
# if the contour is too small, ignore it
if cv2.contourArea(c) < 5000:
continue
# Bounding Rect for the person which we are tracking
(x, y, w, h) = cv2.boundingRect(c)
boudingRect = cv2.rectangle(color_frame, (x, y), (x + w, y + h), (0, 255, 0), 2)
As I said, the person is inside the ROI area, and now I need to detect if he's going out of bounds. The final idea is to notify via sound alarm, but I am mainly struggling with the intersection detection inside that loop.
