Communication between concurrent AWS Lambdas

Viewed 73

I want a set of concurrent AWS Lambda functions to write and read data from a common place. They will read the last post introduced and perhaps will write a new (last) post. Posts will be short - less than 1kB - and in json format. Once the last concurrent lambda will finish the execution, the posts will be deleted.

I am considering using AWS Dynamo DB. Do you think that this is the best option? Is it possible to use AWS CloudWatch?

1 Answers

Definitely two options Dynamo & ElasticCache. Pretty basic answer, I am sure there are more things to consider, just focussing on this use case.

Dynamo

Pros: serverless

Cons:

  • Probably need strongly consistent reads to fetch most recent update in sub milli second difference.
  • Also could become expensive than ElasticCache depending on how many read/writes we are making.

ElasticCache

Pros: Faster than Dynamo, as it is in-memory.

Cors: we need to run a server, so, will be paying some min $.

Related