I have a Pandas dataframe that contains columns id, date_created, rank_1, rank_2, rank_3. Below shows 2 rows of the dataframe.
| id | date_created | rank_1 | rank_2 | rank_3 |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| 2223 | 3/3/21 3:26 | www.google.com | www.yahoo.com | www.ford.com |
| 1112 | 2/25/21 1:35 | www.autoblog.com | www.motor1.com | www.webull.com |
I am trying to assign a new column to this df and call it rank_dict, which will assign number 3 to the rank_1 URL, number 2 to rank_2 URL and number 1 to rank_3 URL.
So the ideal result would look like this:
| id | date_created | rank_1 | rank_2 | rank_3 | rank_dict |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 2223 | 3/3/21 3:26 | www.google.com | www.yahoo.com | www.ford.com | {www.google.com:3, www.yahoo.com:2, www.ford.com:1} |
| 1112 | 2/25/21 1:35 | www.autoblog.com | www.motor1.com | www.webull.com | {www.autoblog.com:3, www.motor1.com:2, www.webull.com:1} |
I know how to do this if it's not a Pandas df. For example, if I have these key values lists:
keys = ['www.google.com','www.yahoo.com','www.ford.com']
values = [3, 2, 1]
I can do res_dict = dict(zip(keys, values)) to turn it into the dict: {'www.google.com': 3, 'www.yahoo.com': 2, 'www.ford.com': 1}.
But I couldn't figure out an elegant way to perform this dictionary creation in a Pandas df. Could anyone help me?