UserWarning: Matplotlib is currently using agg, so cannot show the figure

Viewed 4961

I'm trying to run a basic matplotlib example from the official website:

However, when i run the code, my Python interpreter complains and outputs the following message:

UserWarning: Matplotlib is currently using agg, which is a non-GUI backend, so cannot show the figure.
plt.show()

I've installed matplotlib via pip3 install matplotlib. My current python3 version is 3.9.1 and my OS is Ubuntu 20.04.

I've already tried installing tkinter, as already described here, with no success. What should I do? Why is this happening?

1 Answers

Please try these, if any works for you:

  1. if you are using Jupyter Notebook

     %matplotlib inline 
    
  2. make sure you have tkinter, recompile python interpreter after installing tkinter

  3. try:

     import matplotlib
     import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
     plt.style.use('ggplot')
     matplotlib.use( 'tkagg' )
     x = [1, 5, 1.5, 4]
     y = [9, 1.8, 8, 11]
     plt.scatter(x,y)
     plt.show()
    
Related