I'm developing a website where a Search box can return a lot of results in a dropdown list and each result has a clickable internal link to a webpage within the same site.
I initially followed Gatsby's advice and implemented these as <Link> elements, . However, this seems to be causing an issue when scrolling in the search results shortly after performing a new search - the scrollbar jumps back to the top of its own accord 3 or 4 times before then settling down afterwards. This is repeatable for the same search only after clearing the browser cache, which makes me suspect it is somehow related to Gatsby's pre-loading of pages.
If the links are changed to be HTML <a> tags instead, the problem goes away... but am concerned that this is going against Gatsby's advice and there may be other issues I don't know about yet (haven't seen anything so far...)
Could anyone advise whether it is advisable to use anchor tags for internal links in these circumstances?