Until recently youtube used a tag named "paper-toggle-button". My script used that but since youtube removed it I've had to settle with a normal boring checkbox. I don't just want an answer. I want to learn how it works. It bugs me that this advanced css doesn't click for me yet.
I've been trying to replicate it via tutorials that show in various ways how to make a sliding toggle button. But I'm not satisfied with the look. I want it to look as close to the youtube's toggle button as possible. At least one thing I've learned. The code below doesn't need any pictures which is good.
This requires advanced knowledge of css which I don't have.
Here's an example and it looks ugly. Because it must for instance manually put the label in the correct place. See .labelterm. I gave up when I couldn't use this tutorial code to add a checkmark.
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<title>Awesome checkbox</title>
<style type="text/css">
.mylabel {
position: relative;
display: block;
width: 60px;
height: 30px;
margin-bottom: 15px;
}
.mylabel input {
display: none;
}
.slidinggroove {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
right: 0;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
background: #ababab;
/*background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);*/
border-radius: 20px;
transition: all 0.3s ease;
}
.slidinggroove:after {
position: absolute;
content: "";
width: 28px;
height: 28px;
border-radius: 50%;
background: #fff;
/*background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2);*/
top: 1px;
left: 1px;
transition: all 0.3s ease;
}
input:checked + .slidinggroove {
background: #5fcf80;
}
input:checked + .slidinggroove:after {
transform: translateX(30px);
}
.labelterm {
margin-left: 65px;
font-size: 16px;
color: #222;
font-family: "Roboto", sans-serif;
position: relative;
top: 5px;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div class="mylabel">
<input type="checkbox" id="coding">
<div class="slidinggroove"></div>
<label class="mylabel" for="coding" name="skills"><p class="labelterm">Test</p></label>
</div>
</body>
</html>
