Not all domains interpreted as link on Android when QR code scanned

Viewed 335

I don't know if this is normal behavior or not, but if I put a URL with the common extensions like (.com, .net, .org, etc.) into a QR code and scan it, it directly goes to the browser. If I put a URL with the not-so-common extensions like (.link, .company, etc.) it opens it as a text.

My understanding is that if there is a protocol http or https it should open a browser. Am I correct?

Both links have https:// protocol in front

Example: https://example.com

enter image description here

Example: https://example.link

enter image description here

Just scan both codes to see the difference.

Is there anything I can do with the link that I am sending in order to trigger the browser for .link for example?

Here is what I am getting

enter image description here

0 Answers
Related