Slow Gradle build times after migration to Java 11

Viewed 153

I have a large project with quite a few Gradle modules (around 90+) and we're seeing some strange build behaviour - especially after migrating to a Java 11 build (from Java 8).

Specifically our test execution times are... wonky.

Running the test target for the entire project this module takes 4min 55s to executes the tests.

Running the test target for a single module on its own it merely takes 1min 15s for the exact same tests with the same results.

Note: Before these both Gradle tests a clean on the entire project had been executed. These times are reproducible with minor time differences.

As a reference: running the tests for the module in IntelliJ I'm at 1min 18s.

I have played around with maxParallelForks and forkEvery, but I did not notice any significant changes.

I'm at a loss to what I could try and would appreciate any ideas and suggestions.

0 Answers
Related