Unable to activate a conda virtual environment on a remote computer on the same network in Powershell

Viewed 99

I am using Windows Powershell to remote into another computer on the same network by using the following command:

C:\Users\User1>powershell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.    

PS C:\Users\User1> Enter-PSSession -ComputerName REMOTECOMPUTER1

After that, I want to activate a conda virtual environment by doing the following:

[REMOTECOMPUTER1]: PS C:\Users\User1\Documents> C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\condabin\conda activate User1_Env

However, the command above doesn't seem to do anything. The returned prompt doesn't have the virtual environment name in the front.

[REMOTECOMPUTER1]: PS C:\Users\User1\Documents>

To test if the virtual env has been activated, I run a simple python script that imports a package that is installed in the virtual env (but not in the base env), I get an error message saying there is no such module, suggesting that the virtual env has not been activated.

Any suggestions and pointers would be greatly appreciated!

0 Answers
Related