I want to be able to run/import my packages during development, using poetry as my dependency and environment management tool. I simply cannot figure out how to do this in poetry (without manipulating sys.path in every interpreter)
The poetry documentation seems to indicate that this should be done by default:
The current project is installed in editable mode by default.
But I have tried this with multiple projects, and the current project is never able to be imported from the interpreter in the virtual env. It always fails with a ModuleNotFoundError. I also cannot see how or where this installation is supposed to happen.
The docs also describe adding path dependencies in editable mode:
[tool.poetry.dependencies]
my-package = {path = "../my/path", develop = true}
but this always fails with "can't open file" or "Directory does not seem to be a python package". The directory has __init__.py, and I am using the default poetry setup with a src directory.