Step by step, I am migrating my project(s) from PHP 7.1 to PHP 8.0.
In the official PHP manual, in the subchapter "Other Changes" of the chapter "Migrating from PHP 7.3.x to PHP 7.4.x", I tried to understand the following paragraph:
A specialized VM opcode for the array_key_exists() function has been added, which improves performance of this function if it can be statically resolved. In namespaced code, this may require writing \array_key_exists() or explicitly importing the function.
Though, these parts of it I can't really understand:
- What does this mean: " [...] if it can be statically resolved."? Note that in my project codes I have no static methods at all.
- Must I actually do something in this context: In namespaced code, this may require writing \array_key_exists() or explicitly importing the function.? Note that my projects are using namespaces.
Maybe you could help me?
Thank you very much for your time!