Maybe there's a fundamental concept I don't understand but it seems to me that it should be obvious that an artifact published by a pipeline appears in the section called "ARTIFACTS" which is super-accessible directly from the main menu and hightlighted with its own magenta icon. But no... it doesn't. This baffles me. I like DevOps... everything else works so beautifully, why is this SO complicated to do? Anyway, sorry for venting.
Question : Is there any easy way to publish an artifact from a pipeline directly in the "Artifacts" section in Azure DevOps?
image-1 : Published pipeline artifact to artifact section
image-2 : What I was expecting in the publishing task
As of now I retreive the pipeline actifacts manually thru Memu > Pipelines > myPipeline > theDesiredRun > relatedItems > publishedItem > clicArtifactName > downloadWithBrowser. It's a working workaround but this procedure will be a pain to teach and document when onboarding new members in the team.
I googled it and it looks like you can acheive that by creating a feed, publishing to the feed, then subscribing to it. I didn't find any good guide to do it, I tried and failed :(
Is there an easier way to do it? Did I miss something obvious? Maybe I'm just not using the right task in the pipeline? If the only way is thru the feed thing, then does anybody knows a link to a clear explanation on how to do it?
Thank you
--mo