I am using an application that modifies the properties field of my Drive Files using the Google Drive API v3 Files Update method. Let's say I have a file with a "test" property with the value "my first value". Then, I update the file specifying the file ID and sending an object in the request body with the properties to be updated as the following:
{
"properties": {
"test": "some random value"
}
}
The API returns a 200, so the file has been successfully updated. Then, the application sends a request to the Files List method to list the files for the parent folder, and the file I just updated still has "my first value" in the "test" property.
However, if I send a request to the Files Get method, passing the file ID, the properties object has the "test" property with the value updated ("some random value").
What am I missing? Why does the Files List method return obsolete information?
You can replicate this scenario using the Try it! section of each method.