M1 Mac OSx Bigsur: have to re-install Command Line Tools after every system update

Viewed 4897

On my new macbook pro M1 with Bigsur I have to re-install Command Line Tools every time I have installed a system update. When Launching the terminal and running brew doctor home-brew complains that neither git nor Command Line Tools are installed:

$ brew doctor
Please note that these warnings are just used to help the Homebrew maintainers
with debugging if you file an issue. If everything you use Homebrew for is
working fine: please don't worry or file an issue; just ignore this. Thanks!

Warning: Git could not be found in your PATH.
Homebrew uses Git for several internal functions, and some formulae use Git
checkouts instead of stable tarballs. You may want to install Git:
  brew install git

Warning: No developer tools installed.
Install the Command Line Tools:
  xcode-select --install

Once I have run: xcode-select --install (and yes it does really install Command Line Tools again because it takes about 5 minutes) everything works again until next time an OSx update comes around the computer reboots. Why could this be happening? I never had those issues before?

0 Answers
Related