Proc SQL to Postgres UFT8 database: non printable character shown as normal question mark, can't remove

Viewed 223

I need advice for a problem I'm facing: I use SAS 9.4 (desktop version) to connect to a Postgres database with the Unicode Postgres ODBC driver. I'm using a proc sql statement to retrieve the data and create a sas data file.

There is one issue: One entry has the following value in the database it PgAdmin: "CAR "

But when I look at the SAS data file that proc sql created it looks like this: "CAR ?" Just a normal question mark.

The compress function with _FIELD = compress(_FIELD, ,'kw'); doesn't seem to work, as the question mark is just a normal question mark and not a non printable character.

Postgres database has UTF8 as server encoding. The ODBC connection uses Unicode Postgres drivers. I tried running SAS with the English (creates a Wlatin1 dataset) and Unicode option (creates a UTF8 dataset) but nothing changes.

I would like to be able to remove this character.

Any tips or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

0 Answers
Related