I'm trying to implement this feature in my application.
Just like in windows, I type into the search box and if the File contents is checked in the settings, than no matter its a text file or pdf/word file, the search returns me the file that contains the string in the search box.
So, I already have come up with a application for files and folder search which works pretty good for the file content search for text files and word file. I'm using interop word for word files.
I know, I can use iTextSharp or some other 3rd party stuff to do this for pdf files. But that doesn't satisfy me. I just wanted to find out how windows does it? Or if anyone else has done it in a different way? I just didn't wanted to use any 3rd party tool but doesn't mean I can't. I just wanted to keep my application light and not dump it with many tools.
