Angular // downgrade from Angular 11 to Angular 8

Viewed 295

I need to enter in a project that is Angular 8.1.2 but using the command ng serve I get this error:

This version of CLI is only compatible with Angular versions ^11.0.0-next || >=11.0.0 <12.0.0, but Angular version 8.1.2 was found instead.

So my solution (not working) was:

npm uninstall -g @angular/cli
npm cache clean --force 
npm install -g @angular/cli@8.1.2

But that is not working. And if I type ng version is still:

   _                      _                 ____ _     ___
    / \   _ __   __ _ _   _| | __ _ _ __     / ___| |   |_ _|
   / △ \ | '_ \ / _` | | | | |/ _` | '__|   | |   | |    | |
  / ___ \| | | | (_| | |_| | | (_| | |      | |___| |___ | |
 /_/   \_\_| |_|\__, |\__,_|_|\__,_|_|       \____|_____|___|
                |___/
    

Angular CLI: 11.2.3
Node: 10.23.2
OS: darwin x64

Angular: undefined
... 
Ivy Workspace: <error>

Package                      Version
------------------------------------------------------
@angular-devkit/architect    0.1102.3
@angular-devkit/core         11.2.3
@angular-devkit/schematics   11.2.3
@angular/cli                 11.2.3
@schematics/angular          11.2.3
@schematics/update           0.1102.3

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

0 Answers
Related