Declaration of Illuminate\Container\Container::get($id) must be compatible with Psr\Container\ContainerInterface::get(string $id)

Viewed 27049

Installed new Laravel 8 project and upon loading the first instance, I get the below error. It's weird cause I put it aside and later on upgraded another project (which was working fine) from Laravel 5.8 -> 6 and got the similar error when I went to check the site out.

I've cleared the composer cache, deleted the vendor folder and reinstalled and can't seem to figure it out. Been racking my brain around this for the past day and it seems like some package version is incorrect but I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

( ! ) Fatal error: Declaration of Illuminate\Container\Container::get($id) must be compatible with Psr\Container\ContainerInterface::get(string $id) in /home/vagrant/ps/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php on line 15

Call Stack
#   Time    Memory  Function    Location
1   0.0001  357784  {main}( )   .../index.php:0
2   0.0133  502360  require_once( '/home/vagrant/ps/bootstrap/app.php' )    .../index.php:47
3   0.0133  502360  spl_autoload_call ( )   .../app.php:14
4   0.0133  502424  Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass( ) .../app.php:14
5   0.0133  502424  Composer\Autoload\includeFile( )    .../ClassLoader.php:322
6   0.0135  578336  include( '/home/vagrant/ps/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php' )    .../ClassLoader.php:444
7   0.0135  578336  spl_autoload_call ( )   .../Application.php:29
8   0.0135  578392  Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass( ) .../Application.php:29
9   0.0135  578392  Composer\Autoload\includeFile( )    .../ClassLoader.php:322
10  0.0138  588440  include( '/home/vagrant/ps/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php' )   .../ClassLoader.php:444
3 Answers

( ! ) Fatal error: Declaration of Illuminate\Container\Container::get($id) must be compatible with Psr\Container\ContainerInterface::get(string $id) in /home/vagrant/ps/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php on line 15

In my case I was using composer 1.10 and upgraded to version 2.0. The composer will downgrade to version 1.0.0 of Psr\Container and if you need to go back to composer 1 use the command:

composer self-update --1

Not relating to Laravel and Pinning psr/container

In case you getting this error after installing phpMyAdmin as me solution is to install one of the older version of phpMyAdmin. 4.4.15.10 worked for me.

Related