I am pretty new to React and JS, and I am currently trying to create a component to integrate the antd form with modal so that I could utilize the form functionalities such as "validation".
Here is my code:
The function to post the request:
import baseUrl from "./baseUrl";
export async function _postSchoolRollOutRequest(schoolRollOutRequestForm) {
try {
const response = await fetch(
`${baseUrl}/feedbacks/request/schoolRollOutRequest`,
{
method: "POST",
headers: {
Accept: "application/json",
"Content-Type": "application/json",
},
body: JSON.stringify(schoolRollOutRequestForm),
}
);
const data = await response.json();
console.log("Post school roll out form success!");
return data;
} catch (e) {
console.log("Post school roll out form failed!", e);
}
}
The component of integrating the form with modal:
import React, { useState } from "react";
import { Modal, Button, Form, Input, Radio } from "antd";
import { _postSchoolRollOutRequest } from "../../api/feedbacksApi";
import "./PopUp.scss";
export default (props) => {
const FormItem = Form.Item;
const [visible, setVisible] = useState(false);
const showModal = () => {
setVisible(true);
};
const handleOk = (schoolRollOutRequestForm) => {
_postSchoolRollOutRequest(schoolRollOutRequestForm);
setVisible(false);
};
const handleCancel = () => {
setVisible(false);
};
return (
<>
<Button type="primary" onClick={showModal}>
Roll-out My School!
</Button>
<Modal
destroyOnClose={true}
visible={visible}
title="Roll-out Request"
onCancel={handleCancel}
footer={[
<Button
block
key="submit"
type="primary"
onClick={(feedbackSubmission) =>
handleOk({
shoolName: feedbackSubmission.shoolName,
otherFeedback: feedbackSubmission.otherFeedback,
contact: feedbackSubmission.contact,
})
}
>
Roll-out My School!
</Button>,
]}
width={400}
>
<div className={"modal-body center"}>
<Form layout="vertical">
<Form.Item
label="Schools Name"
name="schoolName"
rules={[{ required: true }]}
>
{<Input type="text" label="schoolName" placeholder="UT Austin" />}
</Form.Item>
<FormItem
label="Any other requirements/feedback (optional)"
name="otherFeedback"
>
{<Input type="textarea" placeholder="abcd..." />}
</FormItem>
<FormItem label="How do we contact you? (optional)" name="contact">
{<Input type="text" placeholder="abcd@email.com" />}
</FormItem>
</Form>
</div>
</Modal>
</>
);
};
However, I encountered two problems that really confused me:
I think the button at the footer does not trigger the form's onFinish so that the form's validation does not work, I am wondering could I get any clue about the best practice for my situation?
I tried to fake a json for "handleOk" then later "_postSchoolRollOutRequest", but it seems like my backend get a request with an empty payload, could I get any insights about this problem as well?