No activate in venv

Viewed 1411

There is no activate script in my virtual environment's bin folder. Only files are: python, python3, python3.9.

How to fix my environment without deleting it? I'm using venv not virtualenv. I'm using Linux.

My problem is similar to this one - There is no activate when I am trying to run my virtual env

One of answers says I should run.

python3.7 -m venv venv

But I don't understand this syntax. Should I literally write python3.9 -m venv venv into my terminal? Will it fix my enviroment?

Also I want to say that newly created environments work as expected and all the others too.

2 Answers

I had this problem with python 3.10, I had to install venv for my version otherwise I was missing the activate script. (I am using the deadsnake ppa on ubuntu) after this the activate script appears when creating new venv.

sudo apt-get install python3.9-venv

I documented the full python 3.10 on Ubuntu installation here

i think this is helpfull for you

but for basic use it like this:

python3.7 -m venv myenvname
source myenvname/bin/activate

and if activate isnt there try to find that in sub directories

Related