I upgraded my docker desktop to the version 3.2.1 (61626), and choose to use wsl2, after that i cannot run Local builds of AWS CodeBuild because the AWS configuration is not being found, the command I use is (I run the command from a tab from Windows terminal using ubuntu 20 that I installed from the store):
./codebuild_build.sh -i aws/codebuild/standard:5.0 -a ./ -s ./ -b ./buildspec.yml -c ~/.aws
That command works with the version of docker that uses Hyper-V, after the upgrade to wsl2 i get the error:
agent_1 | [Container] 2021/03/05 21:04:05 Phase complete: DOWNLOAD_SOURCE State: FAILED
agent_1 | [Container] 2021/03/05 21:04:05 Phase context status code: Decrypted Variables Error Message: MissingRegion: could not find region configuration
The docker command that is generated is the following:
docker run -it -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -e "IMAGE_NAME=aws/codebuild/standard:5.0" -e "ARTIFACTS=/mnt/c/[redacted]" -e "SOURCE=/mnt/c/[redacted]" -e "BUILDSPEC=/mnt/c/[redacted]" -e "AWS_CONFIGURATION=NONE" -e "INITIATOR=[redacted]" amazon/aws-codebuild-local:latest
edit: running the command from git bash the generated command is:
winpty docker run -it -v //var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -e "IMAGE_NAME=aws/codebuild/standard:5.0" -e "ARTIFACTS=//C/[redacted]" -e "SOURCE=//C/[redacted]" -e "BUILDSPEC=//C/[redacted]" -e "AWS_CONFIGURATION=//C/Users/[redacted]/.aws" -e "INITIATOR=[redacted]" amazon/aws-codebuild-local:latest
But also fails with the error:
agent_1 | [Container] 2021/03/05 22:17:43 Phase complete: DOWNLOAD_SOURCE State: FAILED
agent_1 | [Container] 2021/03/05 22:17:43 Phase context status code: YAML_FILE_ERROR Message: stat /codebuild/output/srcDownload/src/buildspec.pr.yml: no such file or directory
With the previous command the variable AWS_CONFIGURATION had the path to my .aws folder, I had tried -c //c/Users/[myProfile]/.aws and /mnt/c/Users/[myProfile]/.aws but AWS_CONFIGURATION is always NONE
Is there a configuration that I'm missing? or I need add an extra step with wsl2?
Edit: I installed Ubuntu 18 and failed in the same way.