I am working with an Argo workflow.
There is a DAG step in my entrypoint which follows several normal steps. One of these steps does a sys.stdout. Once inside of the DAG step, I want some of the tasks to reference the results from the sys.stdout.
I know if we wanted to reference the sys.stdout when the workflow just goes from one step to the next (without the DAG), we can do {{steps.step-name.outputs.result}}. The same does not work inside of a DAG task though.
How can I reference the sys.stdout inside of a DAG task so I can use it with withParam?
Edit:
The workflow looks like the following:
templates:
- name: the-entrypoint
steps:
- - name: step01
template: first-step
- - name: step02
template: second-step
- - name: step03
template: third-step
- - name: step04-the-dag-step
template: fourth-step
In general, if third-step does a sys.stdout, we can reference it by {{steps.step03.outputs.result}} in fourth-step. However, in this case fourth-step is a DAG, and if one of the DAG tasks wants to use the sys.stdout, calling {{steps.step03.outputs.result}} as an argument/parameter inside of DAG tasks throws up an error.
The question is then how can one correctly reference the sys.stdout generated by third-step inside fourth-step DAG tasks?