Where can I get libGLU.so.1 on Arch Linux?

Viewed 3225

I'm running arch linux and am making an attempt to run DaVinci Resolve. Initially startup said nothing, it just timed out and closed. Then I found a recommendation to run it with /opt/resolve/bin/resolve this got me an error saying
libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This has sent me on a wild goose chase trying to install libGLU.so.1 on my system. I heard somewhere it is part of mesa so I sudo pacman -S mesa and I've tried to find a AUR package that might have it but no luck. Even trying variations of yay libGLU and yay libGLU-mesa, no luck so far.

Additionally find / -name 'libLGU*' returned nothing even when ran with sudo, meaning it isn't already on my system in the wrong directory.

This might unfortunately be an instance where I download the file and place it where it needs to go but that's probably not in the best interest of the long term longevity of my system.

I'm probably fairly novice when compared to most others on linux but I think I've gotten a lot of the basics down. Would love any insight you may have on this issue!

2 Answers

While an outdated forum post said that /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 is owned by the mesa package, it is now currently owned by glu.

pacman -S glu ought to give you your needed library.

For future reference, you can reverse search filename->package using pkgfile, which works even if you don't have the respective files/packages locally.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pkgfile

$ sudo pkgfile --update
$ pkgfile libGLU.so.1
extra/glu

Alternatively there's the built-in pacman -F, but it's generally slower than pkgfile.

Related