I have made the following code where the aim is to save two ranges into a CSV file:
Sub Export_range_to_CSV()
Dim myCSVFileName As String
Dim myWB As Workbook
Dim tempWB As Workbook
Dim range1 As Range
Dim range2 As Range
Set range1 = Sheets("sheet1").Range("G2:G4")
Set range2 = Sheets("sheet1").Range("G5:H53")
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
On Error GoTo err
Set myWB = ThisWorkbook
myCSVFileName = "filepath" & "\" & "name" & VBA.Format(VBA.Now, "yyyymmdd_hhmm") & ".csv"
range1.Copy
Set tempWB = Application.Workbooks.Add(1)
With tempWB
.Sheets(1).Range("A1").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
range2.Copy
.Sheets(1).Range("A4").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
.SaveAs Filename:=myCSVFileName, FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False
.Close
End With
err:
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub
The code above does the job, but for range1 it has commas at the end of the string when saved as CSV. I need to remove these in order for a job downstream to work. How do I get rid of the commas at the end of range1?
This is how it looks once saved as the CSV file:
range1
- # X=Y, <- need to remove these commas
- # Z=U,
- # M=Q,
range2
- datetime,quantity
- 2021-03-05 23:00:00+00:00,17
- 2021-03-05 23:30:00+00:00,17
- 2021-03-06 00:00:00+00:00,17
- 2021-03-06 00:30:00+00:00,17
I think the problem comes from range1 only having a single column and as soon as range2 comes into play it assumes range1 should be two columns as well.