I attempted to ask a more complicated of this before but I couldn't explain it well so I am trying again with a simplified use case.
I will have an array of arrays like the following
var allData = [[1,2,3,4,5],[1,2,3,4,5],[1,2,3,4,5],[1,2,3,4,5],[1,2,3,4,5]]
I need to select 1 element from each array so that I get a unique set like [2,4,1,3,5] easy to do in this case as each array has all values. However this will rarely be the case. Instead I may have
var allData = [[1,2,4],[1,2],[1,2],[2,4,5],[1,2,3,5]]
In this case I couldn't pick 1 or 2 from the first array as that would prevent the 2nd and 3rd from having a unique combination. So something like [4,2,1,5,3] or [4,1,2,5,3] would be the only two possible answers for this combination.
The only way I see to do this is to just go through every combination but these will get fairly large so it doesn't seem reasonable as this happens real time. There are going to be at least 7 arrays, possibly 14 and distantly possible to have 31 so going through every combination would be fairly rough.
The 2nd part is if there is some way to "know" you have the best possible option. Say if there was some way I would know that having a single duplicate is my best case scenario. Even if I have to brute force it if I encounter a 1 duplication solution I would know to stop.
One easy way to get a very simple of this is to just subtract the number of possible choices from the number of elements but this is the correct answer in only the simplest of cases. Is there some type of library or anything to help solve these types of problems? It is a bit beyond my math abilities.
Here is something I have tried but it is too slow for larger sets and can fail. It works sometimes for the 2nd case I presented but only on luck
const allData = [[1,2,4],[1,2],[1,2],[2,4,5],[1,2,3,5]]
var selectedData = []
for (var i in allData){
console.log("length",allData[i].length)
var j = 0
while(j < allData[i].length){
console.log("chekcing",allData[i][j])
if (selectedData.includes(allData[i][j])){
console.log("removing item")
allData[i].splice(j,1)
}
else{j++}
}
var uniqueIds = Object.keys(allData[i])
console.log(uniqueIds)
var randId = Math.floor(Math.random() * uniqueIds.length)
console.log(randId)
selectedData.push(allData[i][randId])
console.log("selectedData",selectedData)
}