I am trying to write a piece of code for my old Highschool teacher for a game he had us play literally called the "Dice Game." Let's just say that the game takes two d12's and multiplies them together to get a number (D) in this instance. Then you take 3 d6's and roll them to get your A, B, and C variables. You would then either Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Exponentiate, or Root by that number to get as close to as you could to D. Those operations would stand for x and y in the following equation
AxByC=D
I don't know how else to word this, but I am having trouble finding any way to solve these equations and then compare them. Maybe I am missing something simple, but I don't know.
EDIT: I should probably be more clear about the question. I know how to set all the equations up. It is just a matter of finding a way to compare the answers to the D variable and then the other answers to the equation to see which one is closer. The closest number to D wins, thus the whole point to the dice game.