I’ve created .Net Core 3.1 API test case projects. My project has the following nugget packages.
- Microsoft.NET.Test.Sdk 15.3.0
- Moq 4.16.1
- xunit - 2.4.1
- xunit.runner.visualstudio - 2.4.3
The unit test project executes properly in VS 2019 and all my test cases are passed. In the deployment yaml file, I’ve the following code.
- task: VSTest@2
- inputs:
platform: '$(buildPlatform)'
configuration: '$(buildConfiguration)'
This task fails with tons of errors
2021-03-03T18:33:16.4990294Z [MSTest][Discovery][D:\a\1\s\API\MyProject.ApiTests\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\cs\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestPlatform.Common.resources.dll] Failed to discover tests from assembly D:\a\1\s\API\MyProject.ApiTests\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\cs\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestPlatform.Common.resources.dll. Reason:Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestPlatform.Common.resources' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
2021-03-03T18:33:16.5032225Z [MSTest][Discovery][D:\a\1\s\API\MyProject.ApiTests\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\cs\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestPlatform.ObjectModel.resources.dll] Failed to discover tests from assembly D:\a\1\s\API\MyProject.ApiTests\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\cs\Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestPlatform.ObjectModel.resources.dll. Reason:Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestPlatform.ObjectModel.resources' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
2021-03-03T18:33:16.5033961Z [MSTest][Discovery][D:\a\1\s\API\MyProject.ApiTests\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\de\Microsoft.TestPlatform.CommunicationUtilities.resources.dll] Failed to discover tests from assembly D:\a\1\s\API\MyProject.ApiTests\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\de\Microsoft.TestPlatform.CommunicationUtilities.resources.dll. Reason:Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TestPlatform.CommunicationUtilities.resources' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
and so on.
I tried upgrading/downgrading Microsoft.NET.Test.Sdk versions, but no luck. Any help would be highly appreciated.