SSRS on Azure SQL Database Why its not supported?

Viewed 539

I came across one issue that I cannot create SSRS databases on Azure SQL Database, netiher I can use the migrated databases of report server in the SSRS Config manager, can anyone explain why is this a limitation and something like Managed Instance or Azure SQL VM is needed in this case?

Is there no other way of configuring Azure SQL Database with SSRS?

2 Answers

Azure SQL database didn't explain why SSRS is not supported in Azure SQL database.

I think the reason the that Azure SQL database is PAAS and different between IAAS: Azure MI and SQL server in VMS: enter image description here

And for now, there is no way to configure SSRS for Azure SQL database. SQL database product team confirmed this. Ref this feedback:

  • "Thanks for your feedback here. You can do SSRS today in an Azure VM. I’m closing this as we have no plans in SQL DB to significantly grow it’s scope to SSRS."

If you still want to SSRS, you need to choose Azure SQL managed instance or SQL Server in VMs.

HTH.

enter image description here

I think that you can pick a Azure Virtual Machine and then get things done by yourself, from scratch.

Or you can create RDLC and run them inside a web application, using Azure Database as data source.

Related